- First you need to download and install the plugin from the official WordPress plugin directory and activate it.
- Next you need to sign up. In your Dropbox account sign in and create a new folder in the root directory of your cloud storage.
- Now open your websites file manager and download entire WordPress content directory. You need to upload this content to your CDN folder in your Dropbox account.
- You need to open your Dropbox directory and copy the URL of the folder that your create above in the second step.
- Lastly you need to open the Dropbox plugin settings and paste the URL of the folder there.
These methods followed properly works well. After you complete these steps your blog static files will be hosted and loaded through your Dropbox account. If you ever change anything on the files located in WordPress content and WordPress includes, then you will have to reload the same to the Dropbox account. The steps involved in using the Dropbox can be easily narrated as, create a sub folder in your Dropbox Public folder. Copy and paste the content of your WordPress theme folder structure here. Next you need to copy the URL of this folder and paste it on the Dropbox CDN plugin. Rest the Dropbox CDN plugin will take care. This method is very easy and will help to speed up your website. But there is a drawback too; the Dropbox bandwidth has a daily limit, so if your blog is visited by thousands of users this won’t work. Dropbox can be used in other method to using the WordPress Super Cache Plugin by creating sub folder and copying the WordPress content to the Dropbox account as seen above. The Dropbox is a free CDN which helps to host your WordPress static content like image, Java Script and CSS files.