Viral marketing is referring to marketing techniques that use pre existing social networking services and technologies. This leads to increase in brand awareness through self replicating viral process. It is also a type of technique that includes users or websites to pass on a message to others. This grows the effect and visibility of that particular message. The assumption of the viral marketing is that the new user starts using the service or product this information may goes to everyone with whom that user interacts. In earlier days this is well called as “word of mouth” marketing. Today internet marketing provides a lot of ways to communicate effectively within low cost.
Viral marketing is goal of many organizations to leverage the social media space to promote their products. Have a look on elements of viral marketing strategy.
Valuable services or products: “Free” is the strong word in marketers vocabulary. To attract attention most of the viral marketers bait the valuable services or products.
Exploits behaviors and motivations: Design a marketing strategy which builds on behaviors and motivations for transmission. Viral marketing plans take advantage of common human motivations.
Make use of Communication networks: Every person on social network will be having network of friends and associates. So make use of this and build new relationships using the network. People on the internet will naturally grow the networks so there will be chance of collecting favorite website URLs and email addresses. Place the proper messages in existing communication and rapidly multiply its dispersion.
Make use of resources: Make use of other resources like text or graphic links on other websites.
Importance of viral marketing
Better credibility: Entire network works on recommendations done by your friends, so the chance of building credibility will be high. This leads in promoting the services and products.
Enable the business: don’t worry about the loss of customers or acceptability because you will be updating on regular basis.
Inexpensive: Cheap and best business to market. There are types of viral marketing such as newsletters, blogging and email marketing.
Instant awareness: Viral marketing can bring your new product into market and create awareness about it among the people.
Make the work easy: Don’t share everything about your product or service because the reaction can generate easily and quickly. Share it with biggest fans first and ask them to share the word for you.
Create global platform: You can reach easily to clients who are in worldwide and can also spread the business across the globe.
Tips for successful viral marketing
- Understanding the audience in general is the first step in content creation process. Created content should grab the emotions of audience.
- Select social networking sites which are gaining more traffic.
- Mobile devices are becoming popular and everyone is using mobiles for accessing information. So if you want to be social first you have to be mobile friendly.
- Provide an embed code beneath the image or infographic in your blog. This leads a chance of publishing your image on their site.
- Target the people who are having the similar kind of interest.
- Make it available for a limited time because an expiration date is key to avoid.
- Q&A sites are major and you can also post the content as an answer to the questions. Make use of this.